The wife of the deceased seafarer from Primorye cannot receive compensation
During the mooring of the m/v Evening Star in the port of Busan, South Korea, ammonia was released during the repair of the refrigerator installation. The refrigerating engineerswho performed the work as part of the brigade got poisoned and was urgently hospitalized in the clinic.
It was not possible to save the seafarer. The dose of ammonia was fatal. The body of the seafarer who died on August 2, 2019 was delivered to Russia, all materials on the fact of his death were transferred to the Investigative Committee of the Sakhalin Region. In accordance with the current legislation an act on the results of the inspection was not drawn up within 15 days and the widow did not receive any documents giving her the right to receive insurance payments.